Q: Backup sensor out

The backup sensor is out, and my car rapidly beeps when in reverse.

3. Backup sensor out

Q: My SUV is running hard and has the Diagnostic Trouble Code P0016

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. The code P0016 is for the crankshaft position sensor. Check the wiring harness to the sensor that is located on the bottom of the engine by the crankshaft pulley. Check for voltage and...

Q: Shaking, not knocking

If the car is shaking even while in park this suggests that it is related to the engine running poorly and not anything related to the drive train. Depending on the severity of the shaking this may be related to...

Q: Keys locked in trunk

Hi there. Unless you have a spare key available to unlock the trunk or can get inside the car to pop the trunk hatch manually, there are two solutions to help you resolve this problem. First, if the car is...