Q: Back Door will not open even while unlocked

Repaired back window after glass was smashed. Some time After repair window ,door wouldn't open anymore. Childlike cycled off & on . Door is unlocked . Have picture of lock mechanism to play with from junkyard. Inside nor out side handle catch anything.

Hi there. It sounds like a failed latch assembly or the rods/cables that provide the connection from the manual handles to the latch assembly are loose or the retaining clips/cables are broken. The door panel may be damaged during removal as the door will not open. After the panel is removed a visual inspection will determine if there is a problem with the rods/cables; replace as necessary. If the rods/cables are in proper working condition, inspect the operation of the latch and make sure that if it is a powered latch that the connector has proper electrical signals and is properly installed. A failing latch assembly may not unlock when commanded. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts and avoid extensive damage to the panel. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can assist you with a door does not open inspection.

3. Back Door will not open even while unlocked