Q: Average 10.5 mpg

I'd tried all the best practices on improving my MPG in the city, now average 10.5. I noticed that turning off traction control produced much less engine drag, but the owner's manual advises against it as some component damage could occur. Is it true? Is the traction tried to the stability control? I want stability control, but much less traction.

It is best to abide by the recommendations stated in the owners manual. Turning off traction control may allow more stress to be put on the vehicle and cause accelerated wear in some areas. The traction control is not directly tired to stability control, but the systems use some of the same inputs to determine how to the vehicle is reacting to driving conditions. Traction control can be turned off, but stability control generally cannot. These vehicles are big and heavy and are equipped with stout V8 engines that do consume a good amount of fuel so it may be difficult at times to keep in city fuel economy in the double digits. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to run a few tests and determine if there is any more room for improvement on the fuel economy.

3. Average 10.5 mpg