Q: 06 Chevy equinox decreased power light and traction control light on

asked by on February 28, 2018

In school pickup line and our reduced power light came on, then the traction control light. Car lost acceleration but would accelerate if I put it into L2. We let it sit twice for 10 minutes to see if that would fix it, while idling (at this point we were almost home) the engine shook violently and we were almost caught in incoming traffic. Check engine light was on before this due to a catalytic converter going out. I’m afraid to take it anywhere to even have the lights diagnosed

It is possible that you could be having an issue with your throttle body or throttle position sensor. Many traction control systems use the throttle body to reduce engine RPM in the event of slippage. I would recommend having your check engine light inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the light to be illuminated. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.