Q: Auto transmission problems 2013 Hyundai

Hi I have the ix35 auto box which has developed a fault it seems to be very jerky changing gears..no warning lights have come on however it is booked into the local Hyundai garage on Friday,any advice you could give me id be very grateful on what could possibly be wrong.thankyou

Hello - first thing is to check the fluid level in the transmission. Low fluid level can cause harsh shifting. Other possibilities for this behavior include problems with the throttle position sensor on the engine. Worn or clogged valve body passages in the transmission can also cause harsh shifting - a transmission fluid and filter change may help if this is the cause. I would recommend inspection of the transmission by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.