Got P0303 code (07 X-Trail) misfire on 3. Couple hours ag...

Got P0303 code (07 X-Trail) misfire on 3. Couple hours ago. Now it's not starting. I'm assuming sparks? Could this be d case? Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling? Haven't...

Got P0303 code (07 X-Trail) misfire on 3. Couple hours ago. Now it's not starting. I'm assuming sparks? Could this be d case? Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling? Haven't seen it before. (Last month catalytic converter and 02 sensors and air flow sensors done! Hasn't stalled yet, just now no starting Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '07 car? Nissan X-Trail 07 petrol 2.5 litre xtreme Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? Nothing yet was just about to try sparks. Can't tell about air leaks, and air filter seems ok

Automotive Expert
Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Who am I helping today? I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to get the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, so sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. - Will the engine at least crank? - Can you remove a spark plug and assemble it outside the engine grounded to metal on the engine, then crank the engine to see if there is spark being made?

Won't crank at all now. About half hour away from getting correct socket piece to remove spark and test. I plan replacing all plugs now anyway as first attempt to solve issue
Automotive Expert
Thanks, Since it will not even crank, this is not a spark plug issue. Do you have a voltmeter to check the power getting to the starter motor? Will the engine crank while in neutral?

Don't have voltmeter and won't start in neutral
Automotive Expert
Can you turn the key on then go to the starter and short across both wire connections there to force it to crank to see if it will crank and start?
Automotive Expert
Since you were not able to reply to the info request I sent. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like in my answer. I hope what I can provide does help. If it does not crank in the last test but the starter is getting power. That would indicate the starter is faulty. Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose