Q: air conditioning

my air conditioning blows cold then goes warm and will come back after a short period, or will blow cold if I restart

A: Hi there: What you’re describing may be mu...

Hi there:

What you’re describing may be multiple issues with your air conditioning system, from the high pressure hose to the ac pump. However, it could as simple as needing an AC recharge. Different cars, trucks, and SUV’s go through air conditioning coolant quicker than others. Cadillac Escalade’s and Lincoln Navigator’s are known for going through AC coolant very quickly as there is more cab room in comparison to the size of the AC unit.

The best thing you can do is have a local ASE certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to stop by your home or office to test drive and diagnose your A/C problem firsthand. Thanks for writing in.