Q: Aerodynamic noise/whistle

My car is a BMW 518D A touring 2016 with m pack sport with 13670 miles. When I'm driving my car at 45 miles and more it starts (not always, it depends of the wind flow and or intensity) to whistle or some annoying aerodynamic noise coming from the front. The car was already in BMW workshop and the mechanic came with me to take a ride and noticed that noise. He told me that probably the noise is coming from the windscreen wipers or that space between the wipers and the hood. Asked him what they can do, and told me. NOTHING. He told me we can' t do anything in terms of aerodynamic noises issues. The noise is coming from the front for sure, but don't know exactly from where. What I can do to stop this madness. I hope there is a solution for that and not just increase the volume of the radio.Help me please! Thank you very much.

There is a very easy solution. You are describing a fault with the car, arising from a product or design defect, indeed one that you already have agreement exists, based on the testimony of that employee of the dealership. If you are located in the United States and you bought the car new from a new car dealer the vehicle is covered by a very comprehensive manufacturer’s warranty. As such, you are covered by, at minimum, Federal and State "lemon laws". "Lemon laws" protect you in the event that a fault with a new vehicle under warranty is NOT repaired after you have made a reasonable number of "attempts" at obtaining satisfactory service (repair) from the new car dealer. Consequently, if there is presently a problem with the car, particularly one that the dealer already agrees in fact exists, and you have made (or will be making) repetitive requests of the dealer that those problems be fixed and yet you still have the problems, the thing to do is seek recourse under the various "lemon laws" in force. If there is maintenance required on the vehicle, such as oil and filter changes or non warranty repairs of any complexity, please avail yourself of YourMechanic’s cost effective mobile repair service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.