Q: Advice on maintaining a 20+ year old Mustang GT Coupe

I've got a '95 Mustang GT Coupe. I've had this car for more than 13 years. It runs and drives okay. As it a 20+ year old car , there is a long list of work I need to do but I am on a limited budget. Should I fix it or sell it?

A: Ultimately, you’ve got to make that decisio...

Ultimately, you’ve got to make that decision yourself. But let’s say that you really like the car, you’re going to kick yourself ten years later and say, "Why did I get rid of that Mustang? I really liked that car."

Why not get a beater car. Go and get like a 2000-dollar Toyota or something on Craigslist to drive around all of the time and then fix that up little by little. That’s what I do when I don’t want to get rid of the car I like.

If you don’t have that money now, just keep it. As long as you’ve got a place to get it stored. If you are living in an apartment, and you don’t have the space, than sell it, get rid of it and don’t worry about it. But, if you are like me, and have a house and some room, store it there and fix it little by little over time because they don’t make them like they use to, and I think they can last a long time.