Q: Accelerating and idle problems

It was fine one day and the next it started sputtering and hesitating at take off and wouldnt accelerate right away. Its been 2-3 weeks and it has gotten worse. Now its even doing it while driving too, not just taking off.

Now almost every time I press the gas pedal it sputters, rpm's jump around and car doesnt want to accelerate, and has even backfired even while on highway. While stopped and in gear Drive the idle randomly drops and wants to die but idle fine while in neutral. As soon as I put it in gear, the idle drops to around 500-600 rpm's After owning the. Car 3 years. Suddenly started blowing the fuse for stereo and interior lights when I tried to use power window. And now my lock button on the door stopped working but keypad still works. PLEASE HELP ME I am low income and my only transportation to work for me and my 3 kids

A: This is a common sign of a failing idle air...

This is a common sign of a failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer which will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed. This is all done by the idle air control valve. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of 750-800 RPM (for most cars), this may indicate a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. In cases where this valve is dirty or failing, your vehicle may stall instead of slowing to an idle after the release of the throttle. Your power window problem may likely be related to a potentially shorted wire or bad connection to your [power windows] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/power-window-switch-replacement I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to [diagnose and repair your idle air control valve] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/idle-control-valve-replacement.