Q: Ac trouble

My ac would stop blowing cold air and I would just shut it off and it it would be cold when I turned it back on. A week ago it stopped blowing cold air no matter what. I changed the relay and it worked drove five minutes and stopped again I changed the compressor worked for an hour and stopped. Since then I've changed the compressor the expansion valve Took it to a mechanic and he said I had a small leak and 2 electrical problems he fixed it worked wonderfully drove it around for less than an hour and it shut off again. I notified that when I turn the ac on my battery meter starts descending. Please help I'm desperate.

High and low side pressures should be measured (and compared against spec) while you operate the system to determine if there is a blockage. If pressures are normal, but the compressor clutch is disengaging during these "no cooling" episodes, this might be an electrical/control issue. The amount of current being drawn in the circuit should be measured. Additional clues can be had if the circuit is traced when it is shut down. That is, if the clutch is turning off prematurely, or staying off and not cycling as required, that would suggest a fault in that circuit. The fault can be found by simply tracing the circuit to the point of interruption. If you request a certified mechanic, he or she will get this resolved promptly. The service to request is an a/c system diagnostic - intermittent operation. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.