Q: AC stopped working after refrigerant was added - 1994 Dodge B350

A couple of months ago, I purchased the car and the AC was blowing almost completely cold air. Since I bought it, the air has become a bit warmer. So, I poured some freon and put in the leak can. During this time, the AC quit working. The AC as well as the heater lost power completely. The refrigerant came out. The compressor was heard as it kicked in though. What might be the problem?

A: There are a few areas to consider when deal...

There are a few areas to consider when dealing with air conditioning problems. First and foremost, the system requires a proper full charge of refrigerant in the lines and working fans both under the hood and in the cabin. If the compressor cycles on and off frequently, this may be a sign of a low refrigerant charge from a leak. In the event of a low refrigerant charge, an experienced technician is required to service the system to ensure federal guidelines are followed concerning the handling of the refrigerant. If you need help having this covered, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect for leaks and address this problem appropriately.