Q: AC no longer works correctly

My AC will no longer turn on unless you are pressing very hard and continuously on a specific spot near the AC dial.My mechanic said it might be an HVAC problem or something electrical. Before this, the AC would work, but only on Max AC.

Sounds like you are having a problem with the a/c control unit. On some vehicles the switches are separate, but on most it is a complete unit and must be replaced as such. The unit can develop internal connection issues causing it not to run the a/c. Problems like these are not typical but they do occur. A certified mechanic will help pinpoint the problem with your a/c. Checking the unit and the wiring is important to make sure the unit is in fact the faulty part.