Q: AC no longer works correctly

My AC will no longer turn on unless you are pressing very hard and continuously on a specific spot near the AC dial.My mechanic said it might be an HVAC problem or something electrical. Before this, the AC would work, but only on Max AC.

A: Sounds like you are having a problem with t...

Sounds like you are having a problem with the a/c control unit. On some vehicles the switches are separate, but on most it is a complete unit and must be replaced as such. The unit can develop internal connection issues causing it not to run the a/c. Problems like these are not typical but they do occur. A certified mechanic will help pinpoint the problem with your a/c. Checking the unit and the wiring is important to make sure the unit is in fact the faulty part.