Q: AC and heater not working right

My 2011 Toyota Tacoma only has 19,000 miles and I already noticed a few little quirks with it. One annoying one is the persistent clicking noise within the AC system. It drives me nuts whenever the AC or heater is on! What can I do about this without tearing up the whole dash?

A: Greetings! Thank you for writing in about t...

Greetings! Thank you for writing in about this problem. This is a common problem with this generation of Tacoma. Toyota released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and updated part numbers in late 2011. The associated TSB (T-SB-0162-11) covers the inspection and diagnosis of the malfunctioning blower motor. However, coverage under this TSB is only applicable during the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty period. Your local Toyota dealer can provide further information. If the unit is not covered under warranty, a local mechanic (like those with YourMechanic) can obtain and install a new blower motor in your vehicle.