Q: AC air coming out defrost channel

The AC works, but the air is not coming out of the dash vents. Instead, the air is coming out the defrost channel, no matter what I set the air flow switch to.

This is an indication that the mode door actuator within your dash has gone bad. This actuator is responsible for moving the door that allows or blocks off air flow to a certain vent location. Sometimes this part can be accessed through the glovebox, but other times, the entire dash must be removed. I would start by having an inspection performed of the air distribution box by a mechanic to confirm this diagnosis. If the mode door actuator turns out to be bad, have it replaced soon in order to enjoy the air coming out of your dash vents again.

3. AC air coming out defrost channel