Q: A wrench-shaped warning light showed up on my car

I was driving when a warning light shaped like a wrench came on. I shut the car off and let it sit for a few minutes, and then turned it back on. Then, the light was gone and the car seemed to be running normally. Should I be concerned that the warning light came on?

A: You may want to have faults read out of the...

You may want to have faults read out of the powertrain control module. The wrench light generally means a transmission fault. If it does not come back it may not be a cause for alarm. However, if it lights up often while driving or permanently, you may want to get a mechanic to check into the cause of the light illuminating.