Q: A/C wont blow cold

For some time my A/C has been blowing cold intermittently, well now it wont blow cold at all. It seems as though the AC compressor is engaging, however the condenser fan will not engage unless the electrical plug is disconnected. With the condenser fan unplugged and the fan running, it still will not get cold. I recharged the system with a bottle for Wal-Mart, nothing. HELP!!!!!!

Hello. You may have overcharged the system, which will cause the same problems as an undercharged system. You may also have a bad clutch cycling switch or a faulty AC relay. The condenser fan will come on till the compressor is on and it will not come on if there is a problem in the system. It may also be a problem with the totally integrated relay module, and to find the exact cause of the failure you will need to have the AC diagnosed using the proper test equipment and scanner. Once this is done then you should be able to find the cause of no compressor engagement. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or workplace to inspect your car’s AC system.