Q: A/C Transmission Slips but when off it runs smooth

A/C Transmission Slips but when off it runs smooth. Do I need to do a Freon recharge please let me know? Also when do I need to replace the timing chain at how many miles. Please let me know and how much for a job like that.

There is no transmission related to the A/C, however there is an A/C clutch on the A/C compressor that can cause problems related to the A/C functioning correctly. Without more details, it is impossible to diagnose the issues with your A/C; however, a certified technician can come to your location to help perform an inspection of your AC unit and suggest any repairs.

Your car’s engine is equipped with a timing chain which generally does not require the same maintenance intervals as a belt would. A YourMechanic certified technician can also be dispatched to perform a timing chain replacement on your vehicle if needed.

3. A/C Transmission Slips but when off it runs smooth