Q: A/C only blows occasionally and only on high

My a/c system will only blow on high setting and it will only blow out of my passenger side vents. Also sometimes it will not blow and ill have to bang on the fan itself to get it to start blowing only on high. What could be the issue? Thanks, Brandon

A: Hi there. You have more than one problem wi...

Hi there. You have more than one problem with the A/C blower and blend door controls on the vehicle. The blower motor is bad and most likely burned out the blower resistor from drawing too many amps. Have the blower motor and the blower resistor replaced, then you may have to diagnose and replace the left air control door actuator. The actuator controls air flow to each side of the dash. If you need help diagnosing the problem, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the AC system and proceed with proper repairs.