Q: A/C cooling fan only starts working at 93 degrees

The cooling fan in A/C doesn’t start to work until the temperature reaches about 93 degrees. That doesn’t seem normal to me. I didn’t find any water leakages, but the coolant box is still decreasing water. Another problem is when I park the car, after driving around in town, the water waste pipe throws out water. But on the interstate highway, it works fine. What is causing these problem?

A: There doesn’t seem to be past information o...

There doesn’t seem to be past information on the A/C not turning on until 93 degrees for a 2011 Mercedes Benz S550. I would try to see if the automatic temperature control is set to automatic and dial temperature to 65 degrees. The blower and A/C should come on high blower speeds and get cool quick. If not, then you may have a problem with ambient temperature sensor. The coolant leak may be due to the radiator cap not holding the correct pressure or overfilling the coolant reservoir. Your best bet may be to have a trained mechanic inspect the AC system in person and recommend the appropriate repairs.