Q: 2004 Tahoe starts and dies

I just replaced the spark plugs ,flush transmission oil change and rear differential oil change. next day I got the front windows tinted after he was done car wouldn't start battery was drained got jumper cables and started the car , went to autozone to charge battery they told me it charged 100% but battery was bad. I decided to buy a new one acdelco after installing car turns on engine shakes and dies after a few seconds. Revolutions around 1/2 to 1 if it goes under 1/2 it dies. 2004 Tahoe 4.8

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer and will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. This is also an important function when starting the motor as it allows the motor to run and idle on it’s own once the motor fires. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve making the transition from a higher RPM back down to idle speed while adjusting the air/fuel ratio constantly to allow this to happen smoothly. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of about 800 RPM, this often times will cause the engine to stall indicating a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.