Q: 2003 freelander starting problems

My freelander used to sometimes start and run very smoothly, no problems or noises. Then it would randomly crank but not turn on, and if I went back to it a couple hours later it may or may not turn on. It never had a problem starting in the morning. This would happen every few days in the middle of the day if I was turning it on and off a few times to different places. I took it to the mechanic and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Recently its been difficult to start every time, even in the morning. It makes clicking noises and I have to try multiple times before it starts, but I am able to get it to start eventually.

Hi there. When you have progressive starting issues like you are describing, it tends to be an indication of gradual collection of carbon build-up in the fuel injectors, throttle body or signs of the mass air flow sensor being damaged. Inconsistent starting issues like this can be very hard to diagnose, however if your car is due to have routine service completed, this might resolve your problems. You can look up what maintenance is required for your Land Rover by clicking this link.

3. 2003 freelander starting problems