Q: 2000 jetta 2.0 automatic wont get out of park and break light wont work just replaced break light switch still same issue help ple

I cant shift out of park and my brake lights wont turn on I replaced brake light switch and fuses still the problem continues help me please

Broadly, there could be an issue with the shift interlock solenoid or wiring: The shift interlock solenoid is a safety feature that has been added to all modern automatic-transmission cars. It prevents the driver from shifting out of park without a foot on the brake, working in conjunction with the brake light switch. If the solenoid or its wiring is damaged, you will not be able to shift out of park. There could also be a broken transmission shift cable: A cable connects the shifter handle to the transmission, and if that is broken, the shifter will be inoperable. Regardless of where the fault is, If you request a shift interlock inspection, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2000 jetta 2.0 automatic wont get out of park and break light wont work just replaced break light switch still same issue help ple