Q: My 2000 Jaguar XJR has a P0405 code. Will replacing the egr fix this problem? Is there a way to fix this without clearing the vehicle history.

Had my door locks repaired and had to complete drive cycles to reset monitors. I'm getting a p0405 code. My EGR monitor will not reset. All other monitors have been reset. Is there a mechanic in my area that can fix this issue for a reasonable price. I mean, properly diagnose the problem and fix it without replacing a bunch of parts until he gets it right?

Hi there. Replacing the EGR may or may not fix this code. The EGR valve itself would have to be checked for proper operation. If it is not moving correctly then it will need to be replaced. The issue can also be in the control system for the EGR valve or it can be caused by a clog in the EGR ports. All of this would need to be checked prior to replacing anything. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to you to [diagnose why you are getting this code] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. My 2000 Jaguar XJR has a P0405 code. Will replacing the egr fix this problem? Is there a way to fix this without clearing the vehicle history.