Q: 2000 chevy venture rear brake

asked by on April 19, 2017

Doing rear brakes and can't get parking brake to lay flat on brake shoe.spring is rubbing on back of studs making a clicking noise.i tried to wire tie it back on horseshoe spring and now abs/traction light is on.how do I get spring slack out of parking brake so it lays like it should in drum?

Hi there. Since this is a service we provide, the best advice we can offer is for you to purchase a service and repair manual and follow the directions on completing this task. I would also recommend watching this video to review the process of replacing rear brakes on this type of vehicle.