Q: 1994 k1500 5.7l replaced 195 deg thermostat then a month later temp guage rises to 210 degrees at stop light then goes back down a

flush & filled radiator and replaced 195 degree thermostat about 700 miles ago and now temp gauge rises to 210 degrees whenever coming to a stop then goes down to 160 deg when pulling out and back to 195 deg until stopping. Also heat isnt good inside cab when turning it on

Hi Michael. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually, this type of issue (when the heater isn’t working well and temperature issues) is caused by an obstruction of debris inside the heater core. Coolant flows through the heater core to supply the heat (as the engine temperature increases). If there is debris trapped in the heater core, these type of issues can occur. If the debris is not removed, or the heater core replaced - it can lead to serious overheating issues.

3. 1994 k1500 5.7l replaced 195 deg thermostat then a month later temp guage rises to 210 degrees at stop light then goes back down a