Q: 1992 Honda Prelude cranking, but not starting

My car cranks, but won't start. When I try to start it, smoke comes out of the exhaust. The problem started after I drove through some standing water on the highway during a rainstorm.

A: Hello. It sounds like your car may have su...

Hello. It sounds like your car may have sucked up some water into the engine. I would recommend blowing out the water with compressed air as soon as possible. If the water sits in the engine for too long it will rust components internally resulting in a complete engine replacement. A YourMechanic technician will be able to verify if the engine is in fact hydrolocked by inspecting the combustion chamber and also inspect why your vehicle wont start.