Q: 1992 Honda Prelude cranking, but not starting

My car cranks, but won't start. When I try to start it, smoke comes out of the exhaust. The problem started after I drove through some standing water on the highway during a rainstorm.

Hello. It sounds like your car may have sucked up some water into the engine. I would recommend blowing out the water with compressed air as soon as possible. If the water sits in the engine for too long it will rust components internally resulting in a complete engine replacement. A YourMechanic technician will be able to verify if the engine is in fact hydrolocked by inspecting the combustion chamber and also inspect why your vehicle wont start.

3. 1992 Honda Prelude cranking, but not starting