Q: Changed alternator now car seems to be in creeper mode.

after changing alternater car will not accelerate starts fine and idles ok

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the engine is not accelerating after replacing the alternator, then check the alternator and see if its charging the battery. Look at the cables and make sure that they are hooked up correctly. If the alternator is not charging the battery, the battery will die out causing the ignition and the fuel systems to shut down for the lack of power. If you need further assistance with your alternator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr