Q: 1989 ford truck stuck in drive but the shifter goes to all of the gears selections with no change.

truck is in forward gear but the shifter goes to all gears park ,rev drive, but only goes forward and feels like it tries to go foward even in park

Hi there. Check the shifter cable and see if it has came off the transmission or if the cable has broken. If the cable is connected to the transmission and the transmission shift lever is moving, then the main valve in the transmission may have came off the shifter lever and is keeping the transmission stuck in gear. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission shifting issue if the cable is not broken.

3. 1989 ford truck stuck in drive but the shifter goes to all of the gears selections with no change.