Q: BMW 35I check engine light on after using siphon

BMW 35I 2008. Check engine light turns on after using siphon. What can I do?

A: I wouldn't use a siphon again. I've...

I wouldn't use a siphon again. I've got a video about it and then I said don't use it, because I've seen it cause problems. What you want to do is wait when you are almost out of gas, fill the tank up with premium gas. Then just have a good mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, plug the machine and reset until the codes are off. Often the codes won't come off, because when you get back to your normal fuel it will stop. BMWs are so complex and there are so many sensors on them. Putting that cleaner on them will often make them run strange and the computer will catch that and that will trip the code. If you want to have the vehicle diagnosed properly, a qualified technician can inspect your Check Engine Light in person to let you know exactly what should be repaired.