Q: Yesterday I was driving around 50 mph and all of the sudden it accelerated on its own

Yesterday I was driving around 50 mph and all of the sudden it accelerated on its own

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your throttle control system.

3. Yesterday I was driving around 50 mph and all of the sudden it accelerated on its own