Have 1973 dump truck havining electrical wire catch fire lights stsyining on with key off the speed omitor cable glew red hot what do I do
My car has 100000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
Hi there. Check the temperature sensor on the engine. If the wiring melted off, then the sensor has caused a short to ground on or near the wire. This will heat up the wire and make it burn. If the wire burned all the way to the dash, then check the coolant temperature gauge and see if it has shorted to ground. Replace the parts that are damaged and replace the wiring. If you need further assistance with your wiring burned on the coolant temperature sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.