Q: Won't start w/ no engine turn over. (Intermittent)

My truck intermittently will not turn over. Mostly in wet or damp conditions although it will happen in warm dry weather. With a new starter and clean conditions at all points and grounds. Almost never will start after sitting over night but sometimes does. Could this be a sypton of a clurch position sensor. Does the truck have an ignition module that may be going bad? When this issue occurs it does not turn over whatsoever. There's no selinod click like a bad starter and the started has been tested

The system uses a starter relay that is in the engine compartment fuse box. This relay is activated by the ignition switch through the clutch switch and engine control module.

You may have a bad relay or problems with the ignition switch or the clutch switch and further testing would need to be done to isolate the exact cause. Since the starter relay costs less than $15.00 it wouldn’t hurt to try and replace it to see if it fixes the issue.

If you end up need assistance with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the starting issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.

3. Won't start w/ no engine turn over. (Intermittent)