Q: Won't start, security light came on - 2003 Pontiac Grand Am

While driving battery light came on car died so we changed the alternator than it would turn over and still not start so we replace the battery and still would turn over but still start this time security light came on it was solid security never flashed so what else could this be

Hi. To reset the security system after replacing the battery, perform the following process: 1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position (but do not start the car), leave in the "On" position for 11 minutes. 2. Turn the ignition key to the "Off" position for 10 seconds. 3. Repeat this process 3 times. This should reset the Security light/system and allow you to start your car.

If you are still having problems getting the security light addressed, you may need to have the dealer reprogram the system so that it no longer causes trouble.

3. Won't start, security light came on - 2003 Pontiac Grand Am