Q: Wipers need new motor

My windshield wipers stopped working. I think it is the wiper motor because they still work, they just don't go all the way.

If you hear the wiper motor running it could be a faulty motor transmission, meaning a new wiper motor, or the motor crank arm may have come loose and would need to be recalibrated. There is a special procedure to recalibrate the wiper and failure to complete the procedure correctly can damage the wiper motor. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to check the wiper system and then commence in the replacement of the motor or adjustment of the motor crank arm.