Q: Windows have bad wind noise problem

asked by on November 02, 2015

There is an uncomfortable amount of wind noise from the driver’s side window whenever I drive my 2012 Chevrolet Cruze above 55 mph or so. The car has around 15,000 miles on it now and I first noticed the whistling around 6,000 miles. Is there any easy fix for this? On a long drive it gives me a headache.

Road noise can be very distracting while driving. Fortunately, Chevrolet is aware of this problem and has issued a Technical Services Bulletin (TSB) addressing the wind noise concerns. I highly recommend making an appointment with your local authorized Chevrolet dealership so they can perform the repairs necessary to reduce road noise in the cabin of your vehicle. Though the repair is simple, it must be performed precisely in order to eliminate the unwanted noise. This repair involves using adhesive shims in key areas of the weather stripping on the doors and side view mirrors. The result of these shims allows a tighter seal around the doors and diverts wind around small areas that imitate the sound of a whistle at higher speeds. This should help to alleviate your concern with the whistling noise.