Q: Window won't roll up or down

My drivers side window won't roll up or down but I can still hear the motor when I hit the switch. I made a mistake, I don't need a power switch replacement. Maybe a new arm I don't know.

It sounds as though the window regulator has failed. The mechanism inside the door is an assembly that will incorporate the mechanism and the motor as one unit. More than likely, the cables that control the actual movement of the window have probably come loose, and this is why you still hear the motor running and the window doesn’t move. It would be best to remove the door panel and do a visual inspection to see exactly what parts have failed. If you need help with diagnosing and/or repairing the issue, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Window won't roll up or down