Q: will start after jumpstart and then wont idle

Changed head gasket and intake gasket made sure everything was tight put back together properly however when I go to start it up it will crank and crank but not fire so I jumped it off another vehicle and was able to get it to fire but then it would not idle and died.

If your engine will not run after being jump-started and the cables are disconnected, I would recommend ensuring that the connections to your alternator are good. If the alternator is not connected properly or is faulty, this could cause the engine not to run. Since it is likely that the alternator was removed in order to replace the head gasket, I would recommend the alternator being the first place you check.

If you are in doubt about this repair, I suggest enlisting the assistance of a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform an alternator replacement.

3. will start after jumpstart and then wont idle