Q: Noise coming from engine compartment when turning the heat on - 2006 Hyundai Tucson

Thank you for reading! I just moved from Florida so the heat wasn't really used in the car ( if that makes a difference) and now when I turn the heat on and when it is running, there is a noise coming from under the hood. The A/C and the heat both work but I haven't been running it much so I don't make the problem worse. I thought it may be my serpentine belt, so I got the belt, the tensioner and idle pulley replaced. I still hear the noise. It even feels like it pulls when it makes the noise from time to time. ( every couple of minutes) The car only has 63000 miles so I haven't changed the timing belt. I hope that is not the problem. Thank you again!!!

Hello. Does the noise occur only with the heater or does it make the same noise with the A/C on as well? If so, you will want to direct your attention to the blower motor. The bearing can fail and other mechanical binds and issues can occur. If the issue is only related to the heating system, you will want to look further into just that system.

The heating system works with the cooling system in the way that it utilizes hot coolant after the coolant transfers the hot temperatures from the engine. It then passes air over the hot coolant and sends it into the cabin (using the same blower motor for the A/C). So you will want to make sure the cooling system is allowing the coolant into the heater core. Clogs in the system can also cause pressure issues and malfunctions. Often with noises, a good visual inspection of the entire system can help pinpoint where exactly the noise is coming from.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is making this noise and suggest the necessary repairs.

• Noise coming from engine compartment when turning the heat on - 2006 Hyundai Tucson