Q: Will it hurt to drive my Jeep until I get the compressor replaced.

My husband has a compressor ordered and will replace it this weekend. It is smoking a little when I am driving it. Will it hurt to drive it short trips less than 10 or so minutes until i can get it fixed. My email address is :

A: Yes, it may cause the belt to break or caus...

Yes, it may cause the belt to break or cause the engine to overheat if it locks up completely. Do not drive it unless it is an emergency and overheating the engine is not a concern.

If you need some assistance with the replacement, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the location of the vehicle to replace the compressor at your own convenience. Good luck!