Q: Why won't my car start

Our car won't start. It started leaking transmission fluid so we checked the transmission and it's fine. We have tried 2 different starters also. One used and one brand new and our car still won't start. It will kind of start but then just die again! What's wrong ?

Hi There, It sounds like what you are describing may be related to a fuel supply issue. Since it does start but then dies, this suggests that it is getting spark fine. Fuel supply problems include things like low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Why won't my car start