Q: car stuck in reverse. And won't star

Hey. So I accidently turned my car off in reverse. Now the car thinks it's in reverse but I can move the shifter everywhere but park. And the key won't turn over but also won't come out the ignition. Any ideas?

Hi Bee. Thanks for contacting us today. Quite often, the main reason why the gear shifter will become stuck in reverse is due to one of three things. First, the brake switch might be stuck or damaged. Second, the ignition key cylinder itself might be damaged or third - the shift linkage is stuck or there is an error code stuck in the ECU that is not allowing the shift solenoid activate. It’s hard to pinpoint the exact source of this type of problem without completing a car is hard to shift inspection, so you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help you here.

3. car stuck in reverse. And won't star