Q: Why my car may be overheating

I was driving to work and the car shut down as soon as I pulled in the parking lot the temp gauge was slowly going to high and it sounded as if something was bubbling underneath the hood what does it sound like to you

A: Hello - I think your observation is correct...

Hello - I think your observation is correct, your engine is definitely overheating. The cause could be one of several things - low coolant level, failing thermostat or water pump, clogged radiator, radiator fan not coming on due to a failed high temp sensor in the radiator, or possibly a blown head gasket. I would recommend having a car is overheating inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.