Q: Why is my clutch grinding? 1994 BMW 318

Driving in traffic and when I would press on the clutch it would squeak sometimes would hear grinding. When I push clItch to the floor it grinds really bad. When I drive and get it to 3rd gear I would give it more gas and it would go faster but it would rev higher like the clutch wasn't releasing. If I rev it to 3000-4000 rpms the grinding stops. If I need to replace the clutch what do I need to replace it and how much would the parts be?

Hello - I think it is safe to say that your clutch is worn out. The grind you hear when pressing the clutch pedal is almost certainly the clutch throwout bearing failing. And the slipping in higher gears indicates either the clutch disk is worn out, or the clutch pressure plate has become weak, and should be replaced. A complete clutch replacement service is the needed solution here. This will require removal of either the engine or the transmission to gain access to the clutch assembly inside the transmission bellhousing. Unfortunately, this is not a service YourMechanic can offer at this time. Thanks for thinking of us!