Q: Why is heat symbol light glowing on display?

How to comes heat symbol light glowing on display?

This is a sign that the engine is having an issue with the cooling system. The computer could be detecting overheating, low coolant levels, or sensor issues. Either way, due to the fact that the light has illuminated, there is a diagnostic troubleshooting code that will be able to be read with a scan tool.

Once you have that information, you can proceed with the diagnosis, and hopefully make the repair. Your owner’s manual may have more information on what that particular engine light usually stands for. Driving your car with a cooling issue can result in more serious and even permanent damages. This should be taken care of immediately by a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can inspect you car and determine why the warning light is coming on.