Q: Why can't a normal wrench be used as a striking wrench?

why should a normal wrench be used in the manner of a striking wrench

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. A striking wrench is designed for a hammer to come in contact with the end to help aid a nut or bolt off. The materials are strong and thick for prying and hitting it with a hammer or large mallet. A regular wrench is not that strong and can bend easily. In addition, the material is so hard that when it is stuck by a hammer it can chip off and cause parts of the tool to fly through the air. When it comes to using tools, be sure to use the correct tool for the job to prevent injuries.