Q: Which make-model is best with least known problems

-2008 chev uplander 280kms,... -2002 chev venture 288 kms,... -2002 dodge caravans 200-300kms,... -2002- 2004 pontiac Montanans 200-300kms,... 2004 buick rendezvous,.. I was told to stay away from Ford and windstars altogether because they breakdown alot, but i really like the FORD freestar with the rear seat into floor., oh and I heard dodge parts are expensive, any insight or info on which make/model would be better to buy, one with less problems i guess, im in nothern sask horrible winters, hr from closest city. 3 kids so kinda important :)

Hi there. I understand your needs and how cold it can get up there. However, trying to pick which used make/model is the best without a pre-purchase inspection is a bit like predicting the weather. One of the things I would consider is parts availability and cost in your area; you want to be able to repair the vehicle when the unfortunate does happen. Ask for the maintenance records to verify against the owner’s manual that proper maintenance has been performed regularly. Also, make sure the vehicle you inspect has been prepped for the long cold winters. A pre-purchase inspection will divulge many problems that may exist deeper than a typical visual inspection. Just remember, all vehicles are man made and have parts that will fail. As a master technician, I see all makes/models with varying failures every day; more so on the ones that have not been properly and well maintained. YourMechanic has several technicians available to assist you with a pre-purchase inspection.

3. Which make-model is best with least known problems