Q: When the truck is rolling with clutch in the truck will idle rough and sometimes dies.

While driving if you push in the clutch the truck will idle rough with the RPMs jumping from 500 to 1000 and sometimes the truck will die. while sitting still with the clutch in the truck idles rough but not as bad as when its rolling or coming to a stop. Now twice the last few weeks it wont start at all. The truck turns over and doesn't sound weak but it won't fire. After waiting about 15 minutes it will finally start.

A: This is a common symptom of the idle air co...

This is a common symptom of the idle air control valve failing. This unit monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to entering the motor. When this fails, this will cause a rough idle at low RPM's. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the rough idle firsthand for an accurate repair.