Q: When replacing push rods on a Cummins 12v, they keep bending after installing new ones. Is a valve stuck or something worse?

I had a local mechanic tell me i had a broken exhaust basics push rod. I replaced it and it keeps bending every time I start the motor. I recently had the motor gone through prior to this issue and they said my compression was great. When watching it run, the lifters aren't moving. Do i have a stuck valve or perhaps something worse?

Hello. You either have a sticking valve or the valve is hitting the piston due to the timing being off. Most of the time though the valve sticks from carbon build up in the engine. The cylinder head would need to be removed and rebuilt to fix this.

3. When replacing push rods on a Cummins 12v, they keep bending after installing new ones. Is a valve stuck or something worse?