Q: When replacing a coil what do you do if the rubber stem doesnt lift out but stays in the hole

I am replacing one coil and after unplugging and unscrewing I lifted the coil out but the rubber stem staying in the hole. How do I get that out?

You will need to use long needle nose pliers to grab the rubber boot and pull up with a twisting motion to get it out. Once it is out you may have to replace the boot if it is damaged in any way. When installing the new a small amount of dielectric grease applied to the inside of the boot will keep this from happening again if it needs removal in the future.

3. When replacing a coil what do you do if the rubber stem doesnt lift out but stays in the hole